The truck VIN code is the vehicle identification number, which is a unique serial number. It is used to identify trucks around the world. Decryption of VIN, especially if it's a free option is a very important thing for a modern driver. To find out the characteristics of the car, if there are several variants of models is quite problematic. Without proper information or experience, it is not difficult to make a mistake when buying a truck and selecting auto parts.
The heavy truck VIN decoder will give you the necessary data about your vehicle, engine, country of origin and much more. When using the decoder, you will receive the information in a few seconds and absolutely free of charge. A huge VIN database provides the most complete information and in the shortest time possible about any truck. In 10-20 seconds you will be able to inform the seller of the engine the code, modification and other necessary data for the purchase of auto parts through the online store.
The VIN code is separated into three parts:
- WMI (World Manufacturer Identifier) is a worldwide manufacturer's index that's represented by 3 characters that shows the car manufacturer. The first symbol is the geographical area, the second is the country in this zone, the third is the car manufacturer itself.
- VDS (Vehicle Description Section) is a descriptive part that consists of 6 signs and describes the technical specs of the vehicle. The sequence of signs is determined by the manufacturer. As a rule, there is data on the model of the vehicle, the type of body, engine and other. The truck VIN decoder will easily cope with this part of the code.
- VIS (Vehicle Identification Section) is the distinguishing part (consists of 8 characters that end the VIN. The last 4 characters are always only digits. Usually, the first symbol of the VIS (the tenth VIN symbol) contains data of the model year of the truck. The second character of the VIS (11th Symbol) contains data about the vehicle company.
Truck VIN Decoder
The descriptive part of the VIN code is a combination of six characters that take positions from the 4th to the 9th. If the manufacturer uses only five characters, the remaining positions on the right are filled with zeros. The truck vin decoder will prompt you what each of the symbols means.
The VDS index allows you to determine the model and modification of the truck in accordance with the documentation. The fourth character of the code characterizes the body type, the fifth character is the engine type, the sixth is the model. The following symbols can denote the car series, the maximum permissible mass, the type of chassis, cab, body, type of brake system and so on.
Let's take a look at an example with the decoding of the car VIN codes. Its fourth and fifth characters can provide the following values:
- 11 or 12 - jeep (minivan) with a standard or raised roof;
- 12 - jeep (minivan) with a raised roof;
- 21, 22, 23 - a cargo bus with a standard, raised or high roof;
- 31, 32, 33 - pick-up (truck) with single, one-and-a-half or double cabin (that's what we need in our case);
- 41, 42, 43 - a bus with a standard, raised or high roof;
- 52, 54 - a hatchback with two or four side doors;
- 53 - sedan;
- 63, 64 - a compartment or an elevator;
- 72-station wagon.
The last character in the VDS section is the ninth position of the code, which is allocated for giving the checksum. It is by the sign in the ninth position that the validation of the VIN-code is performed. It cannot be deciphered by the human, so using the decoder for trucks is a useful option.